Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Things that can kill you in Australia, that I actually saw!

This is an extremely rare bird, and we actually saw an adult male who looked like this photo, they stand about 5.5 feet high and he had his two teen-age kids with him, who were all brown in color. We saw them up in the Daintree in our vans on our way home, it was AMAZING! It was dusk so I was unable to get a good photo of my own.
We went on a boat cruise on the Daintree River and saw crocks! Pretty cool!
These are from a bean tree, they look cool but don't eat them!
This is a stinging tree, fall into one of these and it will bring a grown man to tears!
I wish I had a photo of the Wait-A-While plant, but they are very hard to photograph because they are so thin with many little barbs in them!
And finally, not for the weak stomached, this is a Golden Orb Spider! Don't cross her!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

okay, it's official. Lucinda's less enthusiastic about going to Australia if this spider is going to greet her!