See the little white thing on the right of the photo? That is ME snorkeling on the reef! It was my first time ever snorkeling and I did not want to get out of the water. The variety of fish and different kinds of reef I saw left me breathless! I could have done this for a week straight!
We were wishing we OWNED that catamaran!
This fish is called a Bat fish and the captain of our boat said these were the biggest he had ever seen on the reef. They were so friendly and curious and would swarm around the back of the boat, so the dive instructor decided to go fishing and just picked one up!! Wish I had known she was going to do this to get a better shot, but you get the idea.
Looking back at Cairns coming in from the reef. It took about 2.5 hours to get out to the reef. What a beautiful boat ride! I could have done that all day too.
I wanted to show the variation in color of the water around the reef.....it was beautiful.

2 comments:
Lucinda wants to do this also - looks wonderful! Hope we get friendly fish, too!
Snorkeling - aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!
Post a Comment