My new friend! I was lucky enough to hold a Koala on this trip, but they may stop allowing this to happen because the poor Koala's are getting human sicknesses. ArrghWe took a scenic train from Cairns (pronounced Cans, to a village on the edge of the rainforest, Kurranda. Amazing views from the train.....it was an hour and a half trip.
Just one of the views from the train chugging up the mountainside.
For the return trip to Cairns from Kurranda we decided to take the Sky Rail......yes you read correctly, I chose to go on the highest gondola I have ever seen in my life, so I had to have my photo taken to prove I did it! Too bad you can't see the vice grip I have on John's hand!
Making our way down the Skyrail into Cairns, in the distance is the Great Barrier Reef.

1 comment:
wow! I am totally proud of you, Ms. Fear of Heights woman! Could you please bring me home a cuddly koala?
Post a Comment